Senior Planner Customer Engagement
$106,652 per annum + super + benefits
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
Your role as a Senior Planner Customer Engagement is to provide expert planning advice for escalated development enquiries, case management for development applications, and engage with key internal and external stakeholders to provide a high level of customer service. This role will assist the Group Manager Development in developing and implementing continuous improvement projects.
- You have a minimum of five years' planning experience in Development Assessment or a related field with local government experience desirable
- Proven experience in providing expert advice to prospective developers, consultants, internal stakeholders and the public on a range of planning, land use and development matters
- Extensive working knowledge of planning legislation and regulations
- You hold a tertiary degree in Urban and Regional Planning
- Membership of the Planning Institute of Australia, Registered Planner status is desirable
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Live and uphold the Council's values
What We Offer
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, 17.5% leave loading
- Regular rostered days off, including long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Clearance and Pre-employment Medical (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide the appropriate evidence.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 11.30 pm, Tuesday 16 August 2022 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.