Mower Operator / Labourer
$59,124 per annum + super + benefits
Parks, Sport and Natural Areas
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
Your role as a Mower Operator/Labourer will focus of on being part of a multi-disciplined team that is capable of performing a wide range of maintenance, repair and improvement activities across parks and gardens in the Bundaberg Region.
A significant portion of your role will be to operate and maintain equipment, and machinery in accordance with Council's requirements and to manufacturer's instructions including large ride on Mowers, forklifts, and hydraulic mobile platforms; and rigid motor vehicles that may exceed 15t GVM. You will operate various small mechanical plant, work with underground utilities and undertake manual handling and horticultural activities. Your ability to work effectively as a part of a team will be critical, as will your experience in a parks, landscaping or horticultural environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Have demonstrated qualifications for operating vehicles and maintaining vehicles and relevant item/s of plant; including possession of current Driver's Licence Class 'C' and LR Licence
- Possess a current Construction Industry General Safety Induction
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and experience in the maintenance and improvement of parks, streetscape, landscape and horticultural environments
- Have demonstrated high ability to follow work practices, policies, procedures, instructions and guidelines with an ability to plan and work effectively within a team environment
- Possess sound written and verbal communication skills to effectively liaise with Council staff and the general public
- Have Workplace Health and Safety Certificate of Competency or similar for the relevant items of plant
- MR or HR licence would be highly regarded (desired)
- Certificate II or higher in a Horticultural related field, a Chainsaw Ticket and Herbicide Operator Ticket (AC/DC) (desired)
- Live and uphold Councils values
What we offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, 17.5% leave loading
- Regular rostered days off, including regular long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process; and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide the appropriate evidence.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Tuesday 27 September 11.30 pm 2022 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.