Expressions of Interest - Cleaner (Bundaberg, Childers & Gin Gin)
Casual - $29.61 + 23% leave loading per hour
Permanent Part-Time - $58,514 per annum (pro rata) (Min 20 hours to Max 38 hours per week)
Various Locations - Bundaberg, Childers and Gin Gin
Community Services Branch
Community & Environment
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
Your role as a Cleaner is to achieve and maintain the cleaning of Council buildings efficiently and effectively, to ensure the highest level of cleanliness and hygienic standards.
In this role, you will be required to assist with the preparation of Function Centres, for various events and bookings. The majority of cleaning requires a 5 am start across Bundaberg facilities. At times, cleaners may be required to work at various locations including Childers and Gin Gin in a relief capacity for staff leave.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in cleaning services and chemical cleaning products and their correct application
- Have the flexibility and availability to work between 5am and 6pm across the entire Bundaberg Region
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to manage and prioritise a wide range of tasks with minimal supervision
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer service communication skills
- Physical ability to manage the set up and pack up of various equipment for both small and large events/functions
- Live and uphold the Council's values
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supportive team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process; and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide the appropriate evidence.
How to Apply
Please note this is an Expression of Interest only and only shortlisted candidates who meet the role requirements will be contacted.
Closing Date: Thursday 6 April 2023 11:30pm AEST
Bundaberg Regional Council prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and embraces the diversity that our teams bring, so if this sounds like the position for you, don't delay - apply now!