$58,514 per annum + super + benefits
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
As a Labourer, the focus of this position is to be part of a multi-disciplined team delivering a wide range of maintenance, repair and construction activities within the Civil Works section.
The position involves manual labouring for maintenance and construction works, including but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Manual handling
- Working with mobile plant
- Working with underground utilities
- Working on Roads
- Sprayed Bituminous and asphalt work
- Installation of road furniture
What We Offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, 17.5% leave loading
- Regular rostered days off, including regular long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process; and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide the appropriate evidence.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 3.30 pm Thursday 2 February 2022 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.