Trainee - Cleaning Operations
$32,182- $43,885 traineeship wage dependent on years out of school
Temporary Full Time (2 years)
Community Services Branch
Community & Environment
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About the Opportunity
As a Trainee in Cleaning Operations, you will work towards the completion of a Certificate III in Cleaning Operations, and gain invaluable practical skills to assist the cleaning operations team. In this role, you will provide assistance in the set up and preparation of events and activities in Council facilities and ensure all offices, function areas and amenities are cleaned to a high standard. During this traineeship, you will obtain practical skills and knowledge needed to operate cleaning equipment in accordance with Council's policies and procedures and to manufacturer's instructions.
This position is a 2 year fixed term contract.
As the successful applicant, you will:
GET PAID - Earn while you learn
GET EXPERIENCE - Real work-place experience in Local Government
GET EDUCATED - Combine work with education and study for a nationally accredited qualification
GET SUPPORTED – Dedicated staff will support you every step of the way
GET A HEAD START – Experience + Education + Networks
- A keen and enthusiastic learner, willing to complete Certificate III in Cleaning Operations
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills to effectively manage your training and work requirements
- Basic computer literacy, with a strong work ethic including punctuality
- Can work independently or in a team in a professional and positive manner
- Hold a current C class drivers licence
- Physically fit to manage the set up and pack up of various equipment for events and functions, both large and small
- Live and uphold the Council's values
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 38 hour working week, nine-day fortnight
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
All applicants must submit a resume and covering letter outlining their motivation for applying for this traineeship.
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process; and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide the appropriate evidence.
Closing Date: Sunday 29 January 2023 11:30pm AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.