Trainee Home & Community Care Worker
Bundaberg and Childers
$31,516 - $48,706 traineeship wage dependent on year out of school
Temporary Full-Time (18 months)
Community & Environment
Bundaberg Region - Bundaberg and Childers
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
As a Home & Community Care Trainee, you will work towards the completion of a Certificate III in Individual Support and gain invaluable practical experience in providing quality care. Positions available in Bundaberg and Childers.
This is a unique opportunity to kick start a rewarding career in the Aged Care & Home Support Sector, providing personal, physical and emotional support to clients of the Commonwealth Home Support Programs operated by Bundaberg Regional Council across the region. Typical duties include (but are not limited to) running programs to small groups; assisting clients with daily tasks such as mobilising, toileting and meals; transporting clients to and from Gracie Dixon Centre and other social engagements; as well as assisting clients to remain independent in their home.
This position is an 18 month fixed term contract.
As the successful applicant, you will:
GET PAID - Earn while you learn
GET EXPERIENCE - Real work-place experience in Local Government
GET EDUCATED - Combine work with education and study for a nationally accredited qualification
GET SUPPORTED – Dedicated staff will support you every step of the way
GET A HEAD START – Experience + Education + Networks
- You have a genuine interest, enthusiasm and passion for a career within the Community Care & Home Support Sector
- Committed to undertaking a Certificate III in Individual Support
- Well-presented and professional
- Good interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft Word & Excel, with good data entry and typing skills
- Willingness to learn under direction
- Hold a current 'C' class Licence (or are willing to obtain)
- Live and Uphold Council's values
What we offer
- Remuneration dependent on age and level of schooling plus up to 12% Superannuation contributions and 17.5% leave loading
- 36.25 hour working week, regular rostered days off
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
All applicants must submit a resume and covering letter outlining their motivation for applying for this traineeship.
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process; and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide the appropriate evidence.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Friday 3rd February 2023 11:30pm AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.