Water Services Infrastructure Growth and Planning Manager
$170,000 approx package pa (up to $135,000 salary + $17,600 annual car allowance + super + benefits)
Water Services Branch, Infrastructure Services
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community.
In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About the Opportunity
Waters Services at Bundaberg Regional Council is a thriving and committed group of professionals dedicated to achieving the best outcomes for the region and it's residents.
This key leadership position sits within the Planning & Delivery section of the Water Services Branch and will lead strategic water and wastewater growth planning programs fostering Council's ability to support planned growth by developing the right projects at the right time. This role works closely with Council's Development Team to achieve great outcomes for the region. In this role you will report directly to the Manager Planning and Delivery.
Your role as Water Services Infrastructure Growth and Planning Team Manager will lead a small team of dedicated engineers within Water Services. Your role will lead the strategic infrastructure planning and programs for water and sewerage infrastructure. This will include include leading the development and implementation of infrastructure strategies, master and detailed infrastructure planning, provision of water and sewerage engineering advice on developments, lead and foster innovative water planning expertise using customer focused methodology, contribute to the development of a 10-year capital program and engineering scoping and project development of 1-3 year growth programs.
- Formal tertiary degree qualifications in Civil, Environmental or related engineering fields
- Experience in development and implementation of infrastructure strategies, planning and design
- Experience in the preparation of engineering scopes, and detailed project proposals for programmed growth infrastructure projects
- Experience in strategic land use & infrastructure planning and engineering assessments of subdivision development proposals
- High level communication, engagement and leadership skills to facilitate stakeholder engagement in developing and maintaining professional relationships
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including excellent liaison skills and well developed report writing skills for a variety of audiences including Council
- Commitment to live and uphold the Council's values
What we offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, 17.5% annual leave loading
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 11:30pm Sunday 19 February 2023 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.