Water Treatment Trainee
$31,516 - $48,706 (dependant on age) per annum + super + benefits
Temporary Full Time (2 years)
Water Services Branch, Infrastructure Services
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About the Opportunity
We believe in investing in the local community and have supported many passionate locals launch their careers through our traineeships. As a Water Treatment Trainee, you will learn and develop knowledge and skills to work in water industry treatment.
During this two-year traineeship, you will obtain practical skills and knowledge needed to monitor, operate and control treatment processes, and develop a range of transferable knowledge and skills in workplace health and safety, risk management and customer service. In addition to this, you will be exposed to a two-year learning module to successfully attain a Certificate III Water Operations, with specialisation in both drinking water and wastewater treatment, building a strong foundation for your future career within the water industry.
This position is a two-year fixed term contract and is expected to commence in March 2023.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to launch their career in the Water Industry. Outstanding candidates will be offered ongoing employment at the end of their traineeship.
The successful candidate will:
GET PAID - Earn while you learn
GET EXPERIENCE - Real work-place experience in Local Government
GET EDUCATED - Combine work with education and study for a nationally accredited qualification
GET SUPPORTED – Dedicated staff will support you every step of the way
GET A HEAD START – Experience + Education + Networks
- Enthusiastic learner, with the desire to complete a Certificate III Water Operations.
- Genuine interest in Water Industry Treatment and Service Delivery with the desire to have a career in the industry.
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills to effectively manage your training and work requirements.
- Sound computer literacy.
- Strong work ethic and able to work independently and in a team in a professional and positive manner .
- Hold a current C class drivers licence.
- Successful completion of Year 12 school certificate (Business Information Systems, word processing and similar subjects) will be highly regarded.
- Live and uphold the Council's values.
What we offer
- Remuneration dependent on age and level of schooling plus up to 12% Superannuation contributions and17.5% leave loading
- 38 hour working week, nine-day fortnight
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
All applicants must submit a resume and covering letter outlining their motivation for applying for this traineeship.
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Sunday 12 February 2023 11:30pm AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.