Competitive Remuneration Package
Contract (4 years)
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking to recruit a Design Engineer, to join our team and be responsible for providing professional engineering services to deliver Council's Civil Design & Capital Works Programs. This role involves the review and certification of civil design for roads, drainage systems, sewerage infrastructure and water supply infrastructure. In addition to this, you will provide leadership and technical mentoring for civil designers, draftsperson/s and cadets and also complete complex engineering field investigations and technical reports to develop innovative and practical solutions.
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ)
- Experience and comprehensive knowledge in the design of Civil Infrastructure including production of working drawings and associated documents
- Relevant qualification/s recognised as suitable for a corporate membership of Engineers Australia
- Knowledge in various engineering software such as 12D, AutoCAD as well as GIS software such as Arc & MapInfo as well as storm water design software such as XP SWMM/Storm and Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced interpersonal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of clients, stakeholders, consultants and staff
- Ability and knowledge of the production of reports and accurate design records in accordance with relevant design standards and quality assurance system principles
- Ability to supervise and provide engineering advice and support to design and survey teams and other work groups within Council
What we offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, 17.5% annual leave loading
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check, Qualification Checks and may also include a Pre-employment medical (which may include drug and alcohol testing).
How to Apply
To apply or find out more about the Position Description or our Benefits, Rewards and Recognition and our Diversity & Inclusion Strategy visit our Careers with Council webpage.
Closing Date: 11.30pm, 23 June 2023 AEST
Applications that do not meet the above requirements may not be shortlisted. The advertisement will be closed either when a successful applicant is identified or on 23 June 2023, whichever is sooner.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.