Senior GIS Analyst
$94,702 + super + benefits
Information Services, Corporate Services
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
Bundaberg Regional Council is seeking a motivated and experienced Senior GIS Analyst with excellent customer service skills to join our small team of highly skilled GIS specialists. As a Senior GIS Analyst, you will assist in the development and maintenance of the organisation's GIS framework to actively deliver and support the needs of Council. This involves integration with other software applications, services, and data, as well as delivering analytical solutions to address customers' complex requests in a proactive manner.
In this role, you will work closely with other sections of Council to implement and maintain solutions using GIS technologies including existing Geocortex and ArcGIS architecture. Your role will be to define, implement, and manage the Geocortex and ArcGIS architecture to achieve maximum performance, usability, and accessibility to customers. You'll also play a vital role in ensuring that our GIS data remains secure by managing access controls and providing training to staff.
To succeed in this role, we are seeking a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in GIS or a related discipline, and/or at least five years of relevant experience in GIS and data capture methods and processes
- Demonstrated skills and experience in cartographic composition
- Proficiency in interpreting surveying, cadastral, and engineering drawings, as well as spatial and geographical concepts, and their relationships within GIS.
- Proven advanced expertise in complex Geocortex, sites, workflow, and report development.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and proficiency in configuring and administering the ArcGIS platform as well as the ability to train and support staff in using GIS software and functions
- Demonstrated understanding of ArcGIS Python, FME, or similar scripting (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in providing high-quality business analysis focused on client needs, including the ability to establish relationships with internal customers and stakeholders, as well as external organizations
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and technical skills
What We Offer
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 36.25 hour working week + regular RDOs
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supportive team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Clearance as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
To apply or find out more about the Position Description and our Benefits, Rewards and Recognition visit our Careers with Council webpage.
Closing Date: Tuesday 6 June 2023, 11.30pm AEST
Applications that do not meet the above requirements may not be shortlisted. The advertisement will be closed either when a successful applicant is identified or on Tuesday 6 June 2023, whichever is sooner.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.