Brisbane Grammar School is a non-denominational boys’ school of about 1800 students (Years 5 to12) overlooking the Brisbane CBD. The School maintains a 150-year strong tradition of academic excellence, extensive cocurricular activities and student wellbeing programs. We are fortunate to have a team of dedicated and professional staff who provide an exceptional learning environment responsive to the needs of our students.
The School has a proud Rowing tradition, first competing in the GPS Head of the River in 1918 in fours and then in eights in 1955. The School has won the Open 1st VIII race, the O’Connor Cup, 19 times and the Old Boys Cup, for overall point score, on five occasions.
For the 2022/2023 Rowing Season we are seeking to appoint qualified, capable, and enthusiastic coaches with excellent communication skills to join our team of Rowing Coaches, in a casual capacity. Our Rowing Coaches help develop and support rowers to build technical skills, fitness, and strength for peak performance at key rowing events and provide an opportunity to build community engagement for the Program.
Applicants should satisfy the following criteria:
It is assumed that all Brisbane Grammar School Coaches develop and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholder groups, including, but not limited to, students, parents, staff, and rowing personnel from other schools.
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Minimum of a Level 1 Coaching Accreditation or similar qualification.
- Minimum of one year coaching at senior school or club level, working with youth athletes.
- Current Queensland Boat Licence
- Current Blue Card
- Current First Aid Certificate or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues, peers, parents, and students.
Applicants must submit:
- A full CV including: The names, addresses, titles and telephone numbers of two (2) recent professional referees. One of these referees should be the applicant’s most recent direct supervisor.
- Proof of rights to work
- COVID vaccination certificate
- Bluecard (if you already have one)
Applications close on 4pm, Thursday 30th June 2022
For further information please contact Matt Marden, Rowing Director via
Matt.Marden@BrisbaneGrammar.com or 07 3834 5732