Reporting to: Facilities Manager
Status: Full time, Continuing
Commencement: As soon as possible
Duty statement: Click here
The primary objective of this role is to prepare & maintain the School’s grounds, Sports fields and landscaped areas to the highest standard. It is also expected that this role will carry out other duties as part of a team, to set up rooms, halls etc. for functions, assemblies, exams etc.
- Provide a high standard maintenance and grounds support service.
- Maintain ovals, lawns and gardens as required
- Traffic control duties for the School Drop off / pick up zone, as required
- To make sure all grounds machinery is well maintained and serviced
- To use the correct Personal protective equipment as required,
- To assist with the scheduled set ups for School events, parking, assemblies, concerts, exams etc.
- To be flexible in the demands, and operational needs of the School
- To report and defects or Hazards immediately to the Maintenance foreman or Facilities Manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- To have a minimum three years’ experience in grounds and gardening duties (provide a minimum of two references)
- A thorough understanding of MSDS in relation to the safe use of all chemical and substances related to the role
- The ability to show initiative, and work with minimal supervision
- The ability to respond to changing demands of the post and the operational needs of the School
- Ability to prioritise work and manage time effectively
- Courteous and respectable to the Grammar Community
- Consistent, punctual and reliable,
- Effective communication skills both written and verbally
Essential Digital Skills:
- Basic computer skill to access the School’s leave requests & payslip program.
- Ethically sound with uncompromising integrity
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Well –presented and customer focused
Qualifications & License’s:
- To have an open QLD car license
- Hold a current Commercial operators license for grounds distribution of Herbicides
- Hold or to be eligible for a positive notice and a blue card
- A Horticultural Qualification (minimum Cert 3)
Brisbane Grammar School is a non-denominational boys’ school of about 1800 students (Years 5 to12) overlooking the Brisbane CBD. The School maintains a 150-year strong tradition of academic excellence, extensive cocurricular activities and student wellbeing programs. We are fortunate to have a team of dedicated and professional staff who provide an exceptional learning environment responsive to the needs of our students.
Brisbane Grammar School recognises the value of diverse thinking and we encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. To better understand what it means to join BGS, please review the information on our website and social media accounts before submitting your application. You should also familiarise yourself with our key policies and procedures available on the School website, which may assist you during the recruitment process.
To help us assess your application, you will be asked some questions when you submit your application.
Candidates must disclose any information relevant to their eligibility to engage in activities involving children.
Candidates must disclose any information relevant to their suitability to work with or around children.
Applicants may be requested to complete skills and psychometric tests as part of the School’s evaluation process.
Applicants must submit:
- A full CV including: The names, addresses, titles and telephone numbers of two (2) recent professional referees. One of these referees should be the applicant’s most recent direct supervisor.
- Proof of rights to work
- Bluecard (if you already have one)
Only applications adhering to all of the above will be considered. Only applications submitted through the online submission portal will be considered.
Please make sure you select "Yes I agree to the privacy statement.”
Please upload documents in DOC, PDF, PNG and JPEG formats.
Brisbane Grammar School reserves the right to close applications early if a suitable candidate is found.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brisbane Grammar School is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo a screening process prior to appointment.
4.00pm 27 September 2022