National Development Head Coach and Coordinator of Middle School Swimming
Title: National Development Head Coach and Coordinator of Middle School Swimming
Reporting to: Swimming Club Director and Head Coach
Status: Full time, Continuing
Commencement: As soon as possible
Duty Statement: Click here
The key responsibilities of this role will pivot between being the Coordinator of Middle School Swimming and the National Development Head Coach. The individual will:
- Lead the facilitation and operation of the BGS Middle School GPS Swimming program.
- Assist in providing leadership and mentoring to all BGS Swimming program squad coaches.
- Provide high-quality coaching while delivering a planned and graduated training program and assist the BGS Swimming program as directed by the Swimming Club Director and Head Coach.
- Liaise with the GPS Program Leader, and Swimming Club Director and Head Coach, on the needs of individual students to ensure a holistic approach to student wellbeing.
- Assist the Swimming Club Director and Head Coach with all operational and administrative requirements of the BGS Swimming Club.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Swimming Club Director and Head Coach.
Essential prerequisites for the role:
- Silver/Advanced License accredited swim coach with a minimum of five years of experience in a State/National Age training/competition environment.
- Proven experience in coaching swimmers aged ten years and over.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR/Resuscitation Certificate.
Desirable prerequisites for the role:
- Successful campaign delivery at a State and National level.
- Demonstrated management skills, including the ability to plan strategically, to monitor and evaluate squad swimming programs.
- Up to date with current trends and practices in elite sports coaching.
- Experience in staff management, including leadership, staff training and rostering.
Hours of Duty
As detailed in your Letter of Offer.
Brisbane Grammar School is a non-denominational boys’ school of about 1800 students (Years 5 to 12) overlooking the Brisbane CBD. The School maintains a 150-year strong tradition of academic excellence, extensive cocurricular activities and student wellbeing programs. We are fortunate to have a team of dedicated and professional staff who provide an exceptional learning environment responsive to the needs of our students.
Brisbane Grammar School recognises the value of diverse thinking and we encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. To better understand what it means to join BGS, please review the information on our website and social media accounts before submitting your application. You should also familiarise yourself with our key policies and procedures available on the School website, which may assist you during the recruitment process.
To help us assess your application, you will be asked some questions when you submit your application.
Candidates must disclose any information relevant to their eligibility to engage in activities involving children.
Candidates must disclose any information relevant to their suitability to work with or around children.
Applicants may be requested to complete skills and psychometric tests as part of the School’s evaluation process.
Applicants must submit:
- A cover letter (1-2 pages) addressing the core responsibilities for the role
- A full CV including: The names, addresses, titles and telephone numbers of two (2) recent professional referees. One of these referees should be the applicant’s most recent direct supervisor.
- Proof of rights to work
- Blue Card (if you already have one)
Only applications adhering to all of the above will be considered. Only applications submitted through the online submission portal will be considered.
Please make sure you select "Yes I agree to the privacy statement.”
Please upload documents in DOC, PDF, PNG or JPG format.
Brisbane Grammar School reserves the right to close applications early if a suitable candidate is found.
For further information please contact email@example.com.
Brisbane Grammar School is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo a screening process prior to appointment.
4.00pm 12 October 2022