Brisbane Grammar School is a non-denominational boys’ school of about 1700 students (Years 5-12) that overlooks the Brisbane CBD. The School maintains a 150-year strong tradition of academic excellence, extensive co-curricular activities and student wellbeing programs. We are fortunate to have a team of dedicated and professional staff who provide an exceptional learning environment which is responsive to the needs of our students.
The overall objective of the position is to provide a first-class cleaning service and be responsible for cleaning areas as allocated by the Cleaning Supervisor. This will vary from time to time to suit the operational needs of the School.
Weekend rate up to: $48.85 per hour
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years commercial / domestic cleaning experience (references to be provided).
- The ability to operate cleaning machinery in cleaning soft and hard surfaces. e.g. vacuum cleaners, carpet shampoo machines, polishers and floor Scrubbers;
- The ability to respond positively and flexibly to the changing demands of the post;
- The ability to show initiative, prioritise work and manage time effectively;
- Effective communication skills;
- A courteous and respectful demeanour;
- Be consistence, punctual and reliable;
- Able to safely climb step ladders to assist in the cleaning process were necessary;
- An understanding of Manual Handling, and Chemical safety and Handling, (MSDS) and be willing to undertake ongoing training.
To be considered applicants must submit:
- A cover letter stating your suitability for the role
- A full CV including the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two (2) recent professional referees.
- Photo Identification (e.g. passport, or both sides of a Driver’s License).
Only applications adhering to the above will be considered. Brisbane Grammar School reserves the right to close applications early if a suitable candidate is found.
Applicants for all positions must be eligible for a positive notice and a blue card through the Department of Justice and Attorney-General. Candidates must disclose any information relevant to their suitability to work with or around children.
For further information please contact 07 3834 5200.
4.00 pm Tuesday 29 June 2021.
Brisbane Grammar School reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified.
Brisbane Grammar School is an equal opportunity employer.