Officer, People and Culture (Maternity Leave Contract)
Brisbane Grammar School is a non-denominational boys’ school of about 1750 students (Years 5-12) overlooking the Brisbane CBD. The School maintains a 150-year strong tradition of academic excellence, extensive co-curricular activities and student wellbeing programs. We are fortunate to have a team of dedicated and professional staff who provide an exceptional learning environment which is responsive to the needs of our students.
Title: Officer, People and Culture
Reporting to: Manager, People and Culture
Status: Maximum Term | Full time (Maternity Leave Cover contract)
Maximum Term end date: 31 March 2022
Brisbane Grammar School (BGS) has a unique opportunity for an experience Human Resources Officer to join the People and Culture (P&C) team on a full-time | maximum term contract.
The purpose of this role is to provide professional human resources support to the P&C team.
Core duties of the role include:
1. Engage and enable teams
2. Stakeholder management
3. Ensure compliant, accurate and timely recruitment, onboarding and exit processing
4. Assist with the supervision and execution of general human resources projects, processes and systems.
5. Maintain, perform and assist with HR reporting & administration
You will enjoy a busy human resources environment and thrive on working to tight deadlines. You are a perfectionist, and you display a high attention to detail and accuracy of your work output. Your experience across the entire employee life cycle includes recruitment and selection, onboarding and offboarding and employment contract development. You have strong time management skills, a professional attitude and seek a work environment to develop your skills.
Your experience includes:
• experience working as a Human Resources Officer (minimum 3 years);
• experience using an online recruitment platform such as Scout;
• compliant, accurate and timely processing of human resources functions
• efficient and accurate support for the human resources (‘HR’) function, in relation to stages of the employee lifecycle.
• accurate data alignment between the payroll and HR functions.
• partnering with business leaders involving recruitment, coaching, performance management and reporting;
• support and guidance to leaders and employees in the delivery of the School’s strategic objectives; and
• support senior HR stakeholders in the delivery of key HR activities and projects.
Your skills include:
• excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills;
• excellent written communication skills;
• advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite (particularly MS Words and Excel);
• ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality; and
• ability to manage multiple pieces of work.
Knowledge and Qualifications
• Knowledge of contemporary HR procedures and practices
• Degree in Human Resources or equivalent
Brisbane Grammar School recognises the value of diverse thinking and we encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. To better understand what it means to join BGS, please review the information on our website and social media accounts before submitting your application. You should also familiarise yourself with our key policies and procedures available on the School website which may assist you during the recruitment process.
To help us assess your application, you will be asked some questions when you submit your application.
Candidates must disclose any information relevant to their eligibility to engage in activities involving children.
Applicants for all positions must be eligible for a positive notice and a blue card through the Department of Justice and Attorney-General. Candidates must disclose any information relevant to their suitability to work with or around children.
Applicants may be requested to complete skills and psychometric tests as part of the School’s evaluation process.
Applicants must submit:
1. A cover letter (1-2 pages) addressing the core responsibilities for the role
2. A full CV including: The names, addresses, titles and telephone numbers of two (2) recent professional referees. One of these referees should be the applicant’s most recent direct supervisor.
3. Evidence of your relevant training certification.
4. Photo Identification (e.g., passport, or both sides of a Driver’s Licence).
Only applications adhering to all of the above will be considered. Only applications submitted through the online submission portal will be considered.
Brisbane Grammar School reserves the right to close applications early if a suitable candidate is found.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 July 2021