Assistant Care Manager
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
About Blue Haven:
Blue Haven Illawarra is owned and operated by Kiama Municipal Council. We offer a true continuum of aged care services and a wide range of disability services for people in the Illawarra region. We provide residential aged care, in-home support, disability support and coordination, community transport and independent living.
Blue Haven require passionate, qualified, and experienced professionals to join our organisation to support our aged care clients and residents. Blue Haven Bonaira services over 1,200 clients across Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living, Home Care Packages, Commonwealth Home Support Program and Community Transport across the Illawarra and Shoalhaven.
If you wish to learn more about our organisation, please visit our website at www.bluehavenillawarra.com.au/about-us/
As Assistant Care Manager you will be required to work collaboratively with the Manager Care and Operations to provide effective care and management of the Blue Haven Aged Care Facility.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Registered Nurse qualifications and current AHPRA Division 1 registration
- Working knowledge of the Aged Care Funding Instrument
- Knowledge and experience in the accreditation process, including the development of policies and procedures
- Well developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to determine work priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
You will have the ability to provide leadership and direct and supervise staff to ensure nursing practices and care is consistent with Blue Haven policies, procedures, relevant legislative requirements and best practice.
- Permanent full time, 38 hours per week
- Pay rate of $2,040.55 per week plus superannuation
- Ability to salary sacrifice up to $9,009 in pre-tax earnings plus $2,550 meal and entertainment card (for eligible employees)
- Access to the Fitness Passport
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Dale Wakefield, Acting Director Blue Haven on 0491 053 438
Closing Date: Sunday 20 June 2021, 11:30pm (AEST)
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence | Love and Care
underpinning everything we do.