Flight Centre to 99 Bikes Expression of Interest - Queensland
Looking for your next opportunity?
Demand for bicycles is at an all time high. Families are wanting to spend more time outside and professionals are choosing to ride to work. 99 Bikes is busier than ever and we are looking to grow our teams.
Sales Consultants (Ashmore, Brisbane CBD, Bowen Hills, Browns Plains, Burleigh, Capalaba, Everton Park, Ipswich, Kawana, MacGregor, North Lakes, Springwood, Tweed, VELO - Our mobile store that covers various locations).
Team Leader (Morayfield)
About 99 Bikes:
99 Bikes is the largest retailer of bikes in Australia, with over 50 stores in Australia and NZ. We are a joint venture with the Flight Centre Travel Group, however, we are a completely separate entity. Our business's profit was steadily growing even prior to COVID-19, and in 2020 we have been booming! This year we experienced record profits with no forecast to slow down.
Average Earnings at 99 Bikes: 2019/20 financial year
- Sales Consultant $70,154
- Team Leader $120,086 ($148,879 incl BOS) - 3 year average ~$100,000
Why Join 99 Bikes?
- Career progression and opportunities in the fastest-growing bike retail business in Australia.
- Average earnings is higher than industry averages. Base is $43k - $48k plus Super ($48k if you are working weekends with rostered days off during the week), plus uncapped commission of up to 20%. Your commission percentage grows over time, rather than reverting back at the end of each month. For example, once you reach 20%, you get 20% every month going forward.
- Get out from behind a desk. Constant movement all day, which is great for your health.
- Sell a product with about a 30% margin!
- We pay $2 for every day that you ride to work.
- Access really generous staff discounts for you and your family.
- “Earn to give”. We are paid 1% on top of our annual salary and choose a charity to donate it to.
- Rewards and recognition - Bang Nights, two different options for the Global Ball, ride events. We gave deferral tickets to Global qualifiers that didn't get to go anywhere this year due to COVID-19.
- Help people get fit, clear their mind and reduce carbon emissions.
The role involves building relationships with customers. Most of our customers are part of "Club 99" and regularly come back. No one just buys a bike. They come back all the time for six monthly servicing, new wheels, helmets and accessories, new seats etc. Our consultants build relationships with customers and ensure they have a fantastic experience in-store. They develop into experts who understand that customers will purchase from us if we meet their needs.
“Absolutely loving the change. Constant movement all day which I love! I came here knowing less than nothing and am learning lots. The salary structure is excellent - the retainer is similar to what I was earning at Corporate Traveller but the ability to earn up to 20% commission is quite remarkable. If I wasn't made redundant I would have resigned and stayed at 99 Bikes!!” Sally Wilson - 18 years at Corporate Traveller, now a Sales Consultant at 99 Bikes Kawana and a Top Novice. Averaging over $23,000 commission per month.
"When I was making the difficult decision of where to go after my Flight Centre career, I asked myself, what did I enjoy most about FC? Irreverence and the culture were truest to my heart. Couple that, with the ability to be able to find long term career opportunity and 99 Bikes kept returning to the top of my list. I feel I have a better understanding of the business because of my Flight Centre background, and have great opportunity to climb the company ladder. I have found all this to be true now into a few months into my new found career and I feel at home already within the company. They are both so similar in so many ways, but also such an opportunity for career growth and to learn something new. I have no doubt in my decision and am so proud to be part of the 99 Bikes team." Charles Moscato - Was a Team Leader at Flight Centre North Lakes, now a Sales Consultant at MacGregor. Averaging over $18,000 per month.
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE, ENTER YOUR DETAILS AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW, AND A RECRUITER IN YOUR AREA WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH MORE INFORMATION.