Technical & Horticultural Supervisor
About the role
Bathurst Regional Council is currently seeking a suitably qualified an experienced person to join the Recreation Section as the Technical and Horticultural Supervisor.
The Technical & Horticultural Supervisor will be required to assist in the planning and implementation of general maintenance activities to various parks, reserves, formal gardens and Council’s street trees, including condition reporting, tree assessments and the monitoring of safety standards & procedures relating to the Recreation Section’s general parks maintenance operations.
Duties will involve the coordination and supervision of parks and gardens maintenance activities for areas under your control and to ensure effective and efficient maintenance is carried out to Council’s numerous parks and streetscapes.
- Advanced Certificate in Urban Horticulture
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Minimum of four years’ experience in similar position
- Demonstrated experience in the management of staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of irrigation systems.
- Adequate numeracy and literacy skills to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- The agreement to take leave in accordance with the Recreation Section’s leave roster and outside the recognised peak growing season
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $1421.50 to $1493.43 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent full time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 1 August 2021, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Mark Kimbel - 6333 6270
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.