Early Childhood Educator
About the role
Bathurst Regional Council currently has an opportunity available to join the Children's Services Team as an Early Childhood Educator. The successful applicant will be experienced, self-motivated and passionate about the education and care of young children and would like to be part of an organisation that values the wellness, safety and education of children aged 0-5 years.
This position will be based at our Children's Services (Scallywags) facility located in William Street. The centre provides a high level of education and care and as the Early Childhood Educator you will contribute to making the service a point of difference from other child care providers.
The position will work alongside a team of professionals responsible for room management, child health and safety, education and planning and enriching children’s lives through play- based learning.
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or Working toward the qualification
- A working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and ability to develop and implement a high quality educational program
- A working knowledge of National Quality Standards, Education and Care Regulations and National Law.
- Experience in a similar role in an Education and Care setting
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Current approved First Aid, Emergency Asthma Management and Anaphylaxis Management training
- Current paid Working with Children Check
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $946.40 to $994.27 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent full time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm on a rotating roster.
Application closing date: Sunday, 15 August 2021, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Leanne McCurry - 6333 6560
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.