Parks Maintenance Supervisor
About the role
Bathurst Regional Council is currently seeking a suitably qualified and experienced person to join the Recreation Section as the Parks Maintenance Supervisor.
The Parks Maintenance Supervisor will be required to assist in the planning and implementation of general maintenance activities to various parks, reserves, and open space areas, including repairs and improvement programs as well as the monitoring of safety standards & procedures relating to the Recreation Section’s maintenance operations.
Duties will involve the coordination and supervision of worksite activities for areas under your control within the parks maintenance area and to ensure effective and efficient maintenance is carried out to Council’s numerous parks and open space sites.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Trade certificate in amenity horticulture or related field, or minimum four years' experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated experience managing staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of park maintenance practices including mowing, grounds maintenance and landscape maintenance programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of irrigation systems.
- Proficient in the operation and use of desktop computer and software based word and spreadsheet programs
- Adequate numeracy and literacy skills to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- The agreement to take leave in accordance with the Recreation Section’s leave roster and outside the recognised peak growing season
What we can offer
- Work/Life Balance
- Rostered day off every third week
- Generous leave entitlements
- Corporate gym membership
- Employee education assistance
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Access to confidential employee assistance program
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $1304.65 to $1370.70 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent full time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 3 July 2022, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Mark Kimbel - 6333 6285
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.