Early Childhood Educator
About the role
Are you passionate about the education and care of young children? Do you want to be part of an organisation that values the wellness, safety and education of children aged 0-5 years? If this sounds like you, Bathurst Regional Council currently has an exciting opportunity to join their Children's Services Team at Scallywags in the permanent full time role of Early Childhood Educator.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced and self-motivated Educator with a genuine interest in providing high quality service to the families of the Bathurst community.
This position will be based at our Children's Services (Scallywags) facility located in William Street. The centre provides a high level of education and care and as the Early Childhood Educator you will contribute to making the service a point of difference from other child care providers.
The position will work alongside a team of professionals responsible for room management, child health and safety, education and planning and enriching children’s lives through play- based learning.
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or Working toward the qualification
- A working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and ability to develop and implement a high quality educational program
- A working knowledge of National Quality Standards, Education and Care Regulations and National Law.
- Experience in a similar role in an Education and Care setting
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Current approved First Aid, Emergency Asthma Management and Anaphylaxis Management training
- Current paid Working with Children Check
What we can offer
- Off the floor programming time and support
- Positive work life culture
- Work/Life Balance
- Rostered day off every fourth week
- Generous leave entitlements
- Corporate gym membership
- Employee education assistance
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Access to confidential employee assistance program
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $965.30 to $1014.17 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent full time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm on a rotating roster and a rostered day off every four weeks.
Application closing date: Sunday, 3 July 2022, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Pamela West - 6333 6561
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.