Senior Environmental Officer
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced environmental management professional to lead our motivated and collaborative team of Environmental Officer’s at Bathurst Regional Council. The Senior Environmental Officer will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role and be capable of implementing policies, procedures and programs that both educate the community and assist Council to protect and enhance the local environment.
It is essential that the successful candidate is an excellent communicator as they will provide technical and policy advice to internal and external stakeholders and be confident in negotiating conflict to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
The position is a full time, 35 hours per week, with a salary range of $1688.30 to $1773.77 gross per week (dependent on skills, qualifications and experience) plus superannuation and a leaseback vehicle.
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science or Natural Resource Management
- A minimum of five year’s experience in environmental regulation or a related field
- Demonstrated capacity to prepare warning letters, notices, orders and Penalty Infringement Notices under various Acts
- Demonstrated experience in environmental assessments of development applications, review of Environmental Impact Statements and Review of Environmental Factors.
- Ability and experience in the mentoring and supervision of staff
- Advanced written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Advanced negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced project management skills and the ability to manage competing projects and priorities
- Organised and committed to continuously improving systems, procedures and policies
- Solid working knowledge of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997, Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 and associated regulations
- Demonstrated experience in providing timely and technically sound advice to staff, business and the community in biodiversity and environmental compliance matters
- Intermediate user of MS Word, Excel and online HR systems.
- Class C NSW Drivers Licence
What we can offer
- Work/Life Balance
- Rostered day off every third week
- Generous leave entitlements
- Corporate gym membership
- Employee education assistance
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Access to confidential employee assistance program
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $1688.30 to $1773.77 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work: 35 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 5 February 2023, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Anna Stapleton, Manager Environment - 6333 6268
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.