Waste Management Centre Operator
About the role
Do you have an HR licence? Do you have experience operating various machinery? If you answered yes, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Bathurst Regional Council is currently looking for a suitably qualified and experienced person to join the team at Council's Waste Management Centre in the critical role of Waste Management Centre Operator (WMC Operator).
As the WMC Operator, you will be responsible for effectively compacting and covering waste material at the tip face using Council's Compactor and Front-End Loader. You will be required to operate various items of plant in a manner appropriate to the EPA licence conditions and in accordance with WHS requirements, relevant codes and legislation. You will work across Rural Transfer Stations as well as the Waste Management Centre Transfer Station. Ideally, the successful candidates will have experience in driving and operating Multi-lift trucks with trailer and skid steer loader.
- Driver's Licence Class HR
- Proven experience and certification of competency to operate Front End Loader and Skid Steer Loader
- Proven experience in the operation of Multi-lift trucks and Landfill Compactor
- Working knowledge of WHS procedures including Work Health & Safety Induction
- Experience in handling customers to reach successful outcomes
- Ability to operate a computer
What we can offer
- Work/Life Balance
- Rostered day off every third week
- Generous leave entitlements
- Corporate gym membership
- Employee education assistance
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Access to confidential employee assistance program
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $1068.20 to $1122.28 per week + Adverse working allowance of $45.10 per week + Super
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 29 January 2023, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Tania Parkinson - 6333 6574
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.