Engineering Environmental Officer
About the role
Council is seeking applications for the full time position of Engineering Environmental Officer within the Department of Engineering’s Technical Services Section. The successful applicant will generally be involved in preparing environmental documentation for civil works projects and undertaking surveillance and audits of the environmental systems on various civil construction worksites.
The position is predominantly responsible for provision of technical advice to assist Council’s engineers with planning approvals in accordance with regulatory requirements, as well as assisting project managers to ensure environmental practices on projects undertaken by the Engineering Department meet industry standards. The position will be required to prepare project environmental documentation, including Review of Environmental Factors (REF’s), for Council projects, and will also review contractor documentation, such as Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMP’s), and assess the implementation of these plans on site. Training and development opportunities will be provided.
- Current Drivers Licence
- 4 year Degree in Environmental Science / Environmental Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997, the Contaminated Land Management Act 1997 and other relevant legislation.
- Sound knowledge of Ecologically Sustainable Development principles
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with government departments, public
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated experience in research and report writing
- Previous experience in local government is highly desirable, as is proven knowledge of civil engineering construction practices for subdivisions, road construction and civil works.
What we can offer
- Work/Life Balance
- Rostered day off every third week
- Generous leave entitlements
- Corporate gym membership
- Employee education assistance
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Access to confidential employee assistance program
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $1561.38 to $1640.42 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work: 35 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 5 February 2023, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Bernard Drum, Manager Technical Services - 6333 6533
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.