Sports Fields Supervisor
About the role
Do you live and breathe sports? An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced person to join Bathurst Regional Council's Recreation Section as the Sports Fields Supervisor.
The Sports Fields Supervisor will lead the team responsible for maintaining the Bathurst regions well known sports grounds. You will be required to assist in the planning and implementation of general maintenance activities to all Council sporting facilities including maintenance to artificial and organic turf surfaces.
Duties will involve the coordination and supervision of greenkeeping staff, programming and conducting maintenance activities for the sporting fields under your control and ensuring work practices are carried out in accordance with Work Health and Safety Legislation and Council policies.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Advanced Certificate in Greenkeeping
- Minimum of four years’ experience in similar position
- The agreement to take leave in accordance with the Recreation Section’s leave roster and outside the recognised peak growing season
- Demonstrated experience in the management of staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of irrigation systems
- Adequate numeracy and literacy skills to fulfil the requirements of the position.
What we can offer
- Work/Life Balance
- Rostered day off every third week
- Generous leave entitlements
- Corporate gym membership
- Employee education assistance
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Access to confidential employee assistance program
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: Commencement salary of $1523.30 to $1600.41 per week + super, with the possibility of regular salary progression.
Position Status: Permanent full time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 5 February 2023, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Mark Kimbel, Manager Recreation - 6333 6285
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.