Ganger Mowing Crew
About the role
Bathurst Regional Council is currently seeking a suitably experienced person to join the Recreation Section in the position of Ganger Mowing Crew.
As Ganger Mowing Crew, you will be a confident self-starter willing to support and motivate your team. You will be proficient in undertaking mowing maintenance and labouring activities using a variety of plant and equipment. You will also be able to successfully coordinate staff associated with the work crew, and attend to various other maintenance issues as required.
The successful candidate will be required to;
- Create a positive working environment and support the team
- To supervise mowing crew staff
- To carry out all duties to a satisfactory standard.
- To ensure that safe working procedures are observed and adhered to.
- To attend to various maintenance issues through Council’s Public Liability Defence Strategy on a daily basis as required.
- To operate an relieve on items of plan and provide alternative labour as and when required.
- MR Drivers Licence
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in mowing maintenance activities associated within a parks and reserves environment, including the use of various mowing equipment
- Sound knowledge of mowing and labouring operations
- WHS Induction for Construction (White Card)
- Adequate numeracy and literacy skills to fulfil the requirements of the position
- The agreement to take leave in accordance with the Recreation Section's leave roster and outside the recognised peak growing season
What we can offer
- Work/Life Balance
- Rostered day off every third week
- Generous leave entitlements
- Corporate gym membership
- Employee education assistance
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Access to confidential employee assistance program
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $1068.20 to $1122.28 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 5 February 2023, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Mark Kimbel, Manager Recreation - 6333 6285
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.