About the role
Bathurst Regional Council currently has an opportunity for a qualified Gardener to join the Recreation Section.
As Gardener within Council’s Recreation Section, you will be required to undertake amenity horticulture activities within Bathurst’s high profile public parks, recreation facilities and other garden areas.
Duties will include supervision and training of Apprentice Gardeners, mowing maintenance, watering, weeding and planting of formal gardens. An ability to undertake installation and maintenance of irrigation systems and to utilise small plant for mowing and ground maintenance activities is also necessary. The position also requires the incumbent to undertake other labouring related services as required.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
- Tertiary qualifications in Horticulture (e.g. Parks and Gardens Trade Certificate, Certificate 3 in Urban Horticulture or other appropriate qualifications)
- Minimum three years experience in an amenity Horticultural field.
- The agreement to take leave in accordance with the Recreation Section’s leave roster and outside the recognised peak growing season.
- Adequate numeracy and literacy skills to fulfil the requirements of the position
What we can offer
- Work/Life Balance
- Rostered day off every third week
- Generous leave entitlements
- Corporate gym membership
- Employee education assistance
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Access to confidential employee assistance program
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $1068.20 to $1122.28 per week + Adverse working conditions allowance ($17.00 per week) + Super
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 5 February 2023, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Mark Kimbel, Manager Recreation - 6333 6285
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.