About the role
Bathurst Regional Council currently has an opportunity for someone to join the Work's section as a Drainage Ganger. As Drainage Ganger you will be required to undertake and be responsible for drainage/stormwater works associated with Council's road construction and maintenance activities.
To be successful in this role you will hold a current NSW Class C Driver's Licence, as a minimum, and have knowledge and experience in the operation of minor plant associated with drainage/stormwater activities. Experience with concrete, whilst working in the road maintenance and construction industry would be beneficial.
- Current NSW Class C Driver’s Licence, as a minimum
- WorkCover Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team leader and member
- Demonstrated experience in concrete stormwater pipe laying work
- Demonstrated experience in general concreting works
- Experience in operating small plant used in the construction industry
- Knowledge and experience of road construction and maintenance principles associated with general concreting works
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Adequate numeracy and literacy skills to fulfil the requirements of the position
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $1026.80 to $1078.80 per week + industry allowance of $16.40 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent Full-time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 2 May 2021, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Simon Armitage - 6333 6223
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.