Museum Assistant Front of House PT x2
About the role
Bathurst Regional Council is currently seeking innovative individuals with proven high quality customer service skills, merchandising, cash handling, stocktaking skills and computer literacy including website management and social media platforms. The successful candidates will be self motivated and have an understanding of what it takes to work with a team to provide high quality visitor experiences. The ideal candidates will have a passion and knowledge of minerals and fossils and day to day operations of working in a museum or tourism environment.
Both of these positions report directly to the Museum Coordinator - Australian Fossil and Mineral Museum.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service and a positive image of the Museum and Bathurst Regional Council.
- Retail experience, including cash handling, shop presentation skills and stocktaking.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with people in a polite, friendly and informative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and undertake tasks unsupervised.
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment providing positive input into the work environment.
- Computer skills, including word processing, maintaining databases, web and social media platforms.
- A current paid Working with Children Check.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $827.40 to $869.29 per week (plus weekend loading) + super
Position Status: Permanent Part Time
Hours of work:
Position 562: 30 hours per week - Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday - 8:45am to 4:45pm with a 30 minute lunch break
Position 565: 30 hours per week - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday - 8:45am to 4:45pm with a 30 minute lunch break
Application closing date: Sunday, 5 February 2023, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: AFMM Coordinator - Penny Packham - 02 6338 2861
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.