Casual Gatehouse Cashier
About the role
Bathurst Regional Council is currently seeking to expand our pool of Casual Gatehouse Cashiers at our Waste Management Centre.
We are looking for experienced customer service professionals with excellent cash handling skills, the ability to use computers and provide outstanding customer service to patron's visiting the Waste Management Centre.
The ideal candidate will have flexibility to work any day of the week as the Waste Management Centre is a 7 day a week operation. The Casual Gatehouse Cashier may also be called upon at short notice to cover periods of staff leave.
- Must be available and willing to work on short notice (as much notice as possible will be provided)
- Willingness to undertake short shifts (2-4 hours) if required
- Proven Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrated Communication skills including responding to telephone enquires
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent cash handling, electronic payment and reconciliation skills
- Ability to work well on your own and as part of a team
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Current Class C drivers licence
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $31.75 per hour + weekend penalty rates (if applicable) + Adverse Working Conditions Allowance of $1.19 per hour + super
Position Status: Casual
Hours of work: As required - The Waste Management Centre is open 7 days a week
Application closing date: Sunday, 19 February 2023, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Tania Parkinson - 6333 6574
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.