Electrical Trades Team Leader
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered day off schemes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff development and award programs
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to coordinate staff and participate in the delivery of electrical maintenance, repair and capital works associated with water and sewerage assets.
As Electrical Trades Team Leader, you will assist in the planning and scheduling of works programs as well as attend to enquiries and complaints from public, Councillors, other BVSC staff.
In addition to this, you will also:
- Supervise and perform electrical maintenance, repairs and capital works on water supply and sewerage assets.
- Provide technical information and advice to other staff and contractors.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of BVSC’s asset management system.
- Prepare equipment and materials requisitions.
- Identify and use contemporary technology and equipment.
We are seeking an individual who holds an electrotechnology trade qualification applicable to this role, a SafeWork NSW Construction Induction and a current NSW Class C Drivers Licence.
You will also have the following skills and experience;
- Five years’ (indicative) recent relevant experience in the servicing of water and sewer assets.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- Experience in maintenance, repair and installation of water and sewer electrical and electronic infrastructure.
- Highly developed water and sewer electrical and electronics fault finding, analytical and investigative skills.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including detailed interpretation and explanation of plans, drawings and schedules.
- Additional skills, knowledge and qualifications that may be applicable to this position, such as current confined spaces entry certificate, familiarity with the use of asset management databases or other specialist training or work experience.
This is a permanent full-time position working 38 hours per week. The total package range is $102,579.19 - $117,173.04 (indicative) per annum, plus 17.5% annual leave loading.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact Ken Watson, Water & Sewer Maintenance Coordinator on 6499 2222.
Applications close 11:30pm AEST on 12 May 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.