Community Resilience Officer
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered day off schemes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff development and award programs
We have an opportunity for a passionate individual to work with communities, government and non-government agencies to improve the capacity and resilience of community leaders inline with the Community Connectors (Stronger Leaders, Stronger Communities) Project.
As a Community Resilience Officer, you will undertake research and engagement activities to understand and identify community needs and work with local leaders and community groups to enhance participation and build community capacity.
You will also;
- Build the knowledge and skills of community members in relation recovery and resilience.
- Support communities to achieve sustainable solutions to local concerns and to identify grant funding opportunities.
- Identify and facilitate a range of workshops and events that develop the resilience of community leaders.
- Prepare and report statistics, reports and correspondence.
We are seeking an individual who holds a degree-level qualification in Community Development, or other similar discipline area relevant to this role as well as a Current Class C Drivers Licence and First Aid Certificate.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrated experience and skills working with community volunteers.
- Experience in collaborating and partnering with other organisations in the delivery of programs and activities.
- High calibre written and oral communication skills with skills in working with govt and non-government agencies.
- Three (3) years of recent experience in community development or community resilience building activities. (Indicative).
This is an 18 month fixed term full-time position working 35 hours per week. Remuneration is $1414.50 per week, plus 9.5% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact Scott Baker, Community Development and Engagement Coordinator on 6499 2172.
Applications close 11.30pm AEST on 23 June 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.