Gym & Fitness Instructor
Sapphire Aquatics Centre
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered day off schemes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff development and award programs
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to develop and deliver welcoming, engaging and interesting fitness classes that encourage participation. You will also perform fitness assessments, write exercise programs and provide instruction and supervision.
The Gym & Fitness Instructor is also required to:
- Prepare and instruct pre-choreographed and free-style fitness classes.
- Engage with the community to promote the Centre and its programs.
- Maintain organisational documentation related to the function.
- Develop and supervise exercise programs suitable to a range of clientele and medical conditions.
- Clean and maintain gym and fitness equipment.
We are seeking a fitness professional who holds their Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315) (or equivalent), a current fitness registration, and Aqua Aerobics qualifications or willingness to obtain is highly desirable. You will also hold a current First Aid Certificate HLTAID003 and verified NSW Working With Children Check.
To be successful in this position you will have the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct choreographed and freestyle group fitness classes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in both a team and individual minimally supervised environment.
- Sound understanding of legislation, regulations and guidelines in relation to gym floor supervision, exercise prescription and as conducting fitness classes.
- Hold an appropriate level of physical fitness to carry out the duties required.
- Demonstrated experience working in a similar role in the fitness industry.
These casual positions are remunerated at $37.70 per hour (inclusive of 25% casual loading), plus 10% employer superannuation contribution
To view the Position Description, please click here.
This is an open recruitment process designed to meet the seasonal and operational needs of the aquatic facilities. For this reason, there is no closing date set for the advertising period. We will endeavour to assess each application within 14 days of submission and notify applicants with an outcome. Where position vacancies are filled and there is no longer an operational need for a specific role, applications will remain on file and be re-assessed as a vacancy or operational need arises.
Bega Valley Shire Council undertakes a merit-based recruitment and selection process. It is essential that the required qualifications, skills and experience is demonstrated through the selection criteria, as such, the following applies to this position:
- Written responses are to be made to the advertised selection criteria.
- Where there is clear preferred applicants based on written responses to selection criteria, the panel will make an appointment without an interview process.
For further information on this position, please contact Nicholas Hoynes - Coordinator | Aquatic and Leisure Facilities on 02 6494 3100.
This position requires applicants to be suitably immunised in line with recommendations from the Australian Immunisation Handbook, currently mandated Public Health Orders and/or Councils Immunisation Procedure.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.