Early Childhood Educator (Cert III) - Casual
Various Locations Within the Bega Valley Shire
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered day off schemes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff development and award programs
As a casual Early Childhood Educator, you will support and educate children within the early learning service whilst following legislation, the National Quality Standards and organisational policies and procedures.
You will actively contribute to the implementation and documentation of high quality programs for children and their families whilst committing to effective and open communication with families about children’s programs, learning outcomes, health, well-being, safety and nutrition
We are seeking individuals who hold a Certificate III in Children’s Services (or other equivalent recognised qualification) or evidence of enrollment and has a current NSW Working with Children's Check clearance.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Sound knowledge and demonstrated application of the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standards.
- Sound skills in building respectful and equitable relationships with children, families, teams and others in the community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide safe, stimulating and sustainable environments that support children’s wellbeing and learning.
- Additional skills, knowledge and qualifications that might be applicable to this position, such as specialised training and work experience.
This is a casual position with work potentially being available in Bega, Eden, Candelo and/or Bemboka. Remuneration is $32.11 per hour (inclusive of 25% casual loading) as per the Local Government (State) Award 2020, plus 10.5% employer superannuation contribution.
This is an open recruitment process designed to meet the operational needs of Childrens Services. For this reason, there is no closing date set for the advertising period. We will endeavour to assess each application within 14 days of submission and notify applicants with an outcome. Where position vacancies are filled and there is no longer an operational need for a specific role, applications will remain on file and be re-assessed as a vacancy or operational need arises.
Bega Valley Shire Council undertakes a merit-based recruitment and selection process. It is essential that the required qualifications, skills and experience is demonstrated through the selection criteria, as such, the following applies to this position:
- Written responses, in the form of a cover letter, are to be made addressing the advertised selection criteria.
- Where there is clear preferred applicants based on written responses to selection criteria, the panel will make an appointment without an interview process.
For further information on this position, please contact Matt Simpson - Children's Services Coordinator on 02 6499 2455.
This position requires applicants to be suitably immunised in line with recommendations from the Australian Immunisation Handbook, currently mandated Public Health Orders and/or Councils Immunisation Procedure.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.