Bega Valley Commemorative Civic Centre Chef (Casual)
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens and town centre care.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff which may include:
- rostered day off schemes
- flexible work arrangements
- salary packaging
- staff development and award programs.
We have an exciting opportunity for focused and adaptable individuals to prepare and execute all catering requirements and delivery of food and beverage services for the Bega Valley Commemorative Civic Centre (BVCCC).
As a BVCCC Chef, you will assist in overseeing the operations of the commercial kitchen and food and beverage department. You will develop and implement food hygiene standards and safe work practices as well as prepare and service catering according to the menu, ensuring superior quality products, presentations and flavour.
We are seeking individuals who holds a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent qualification in hospitality/catering (or related field) and has a Food Safety Supervisor Certificate.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Qualified Chef with demonstrated experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in the event/function area.
- Experience in stock control including ordering or purchasing of items and adherence to budget constraints.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation, presentation and service of food for functions and events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, customer service, organisational and time management skills.
These casual positions are remunerated at $46.09 per hour (inclusive of 25% casual loading), plus 10.5% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact Kim Bowden, BVCCC Team Leader on 02 6499 2412.
This is an open recruitment process designed to meet the seasonal and operational needs of the Bega Valley Commemorative Civic Centre. For this reason, there is no closing date set for the advertising period. We will endeavour to assess each application within 14 days of submission and notify applicants with an outcome. Where position vacancies are filled and there is no longer an operational need for a specific role, applications will remain on file and be re-assessed as a vacancy or operational need arises.
Bega Valley Shire Council undertakes a merit-based recruitment and selection process. It is essential that the required qualifications, skills and experience is demonstrated through the selection criteria, as such, the following applies to this position:
- Written responses are to be made to the advertised selection criteria.
- Where there is clear preferred applicants based on written responses to selection criteria, the panel will make an appointment without an interview process.
This position requires applicants to be suitably immunised in line with recommendations from the Australian Immunisation Handbook, currently mandated Public Health Orders and/or Councils Immunisation Procedure.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.