Team Member (Waste Facility)
Various locations within the Bega Valley Shire
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens and town centre care.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff which may include:
- rostered day off schemes
- flexible work arrangements
- salary packaging
- staff development and award programs.
We have multiple exciting opportunities for motivated individuals to undertake a range of waste facility operations including customer liaison, fee collection, transfer and management of waste within the facility, and maintenance of associated records.
As a Waste Facility Team Member, you will carry out landfill operations, maintain the waste facility and assist in developing landfill filing plans. You will remove contaminants from garden waste, scrap metal, timber piles, and other materials in preparation for recycling or reprocessing and assist in undertaking construction and maintenance activities on waste facilities.
We are seeking individuals who are competent in operating earth moving machinery and have two (2) years experience in a similar role.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrated oral communications skills in a customer-oriented work environment.
- Experience with cash handling procedures.
- Additional skills, knowledge and qualifications that may be applicable to this position, such as other specialist training or work experience.
- Current Class C (Car) Drivers Licence.
These are fixed term part-time positions working 26 hours per week, for a period of 12 months. Remuneration is $1146.10 (pro-rata) per week, plus 10.5% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact David Screen, Landfill & Transfer Station Coordinator on 02 6499 2450.
Bega Valley Shire Council undertakes a merit-based recruitment and selection process. It is essential that the required qualifications, skills and experience is demonstrated through the selection criteria, as such, the following applies to this position:
- EOI written responses are to be made to the advertised selection criteria.
- Where there is a clear preferred applicant based on EOI responses the panel may make an appointment without an interview process, this is based on the provided written response to selection criteria.
Applications close 11.30pm AEST on 29 September 2022.
This position requires applicants to be suitably immunised in line with recommendations from the Australian Immunisation Handbook, currently mandated Public Health Orders and/or Councils Immunisation Procedure.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.