Technical Officer (Works)
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered day off schemes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff development and award programs
We have an exciting full-time fixed term opportunity, concluding 27th May 2022, for an attentive individual to inspect and report on the condition of BVSC transport and associated assets; develop remediation scope requirements and carry out quality assurance inspections prior to, during, and at completion of works.
As Technical Officer, you will:
- Undertake a variety of inspections and audits on Council managed assets including maintenance, condition, WAE and quality assurance.
- Investigate complaints regarding the performance of assets and recommend appropriate action to management (CRM).
- Assist with preparation of maintenance and rehabilitation programs.
- Provide technical maintenance advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of asset management systems and procedures including the use of proprietary software (REFLECT, RECOVER, QGIS)
We are seeking an individual who holds Certificate IV level qualification in associated and applicable discipline (ability to gain Diploma in Civil Construction Design, or equivalent level qualification in the discipline area if not already held) and a Current NSW Class C Drivers Licence; SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Tickets would be considered as desirable.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working on civil construction projects or similar (indicative).
- Demonstrated experience carrying out asset inspection, condition assessment and quality assurance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the interpretation and application of relevant Acts, policies, specifications, and best practise relating to civil engineering and infrastructure works.
- Well-developed understanding of, and ability to apply, the principles of contract administration and project management.
- Additional skills, knowledge and qualifications that may be applicable to this position, such as LGA50404 - Diploma of Local Government (Operational Works) or other specialist training or work experience.
This is a fixed-term full-time position working 35 hours per week until 27th May 2022. Remuneration is $1298.70 per week, plus 9.5% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact James Downes, Works Superintendent on 6499 2222.
Applications close 9am AEST on 4 March 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.