Development Hub & Customer Support Coordinator
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens and town centre care.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff which may include:
- rostered day off schemes
- flexible work arrangements
- salary packaging
- staff development and award programs.
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to coordinate the activities of the Development HUB and provision of support services to Planning & Sustainability and Certification and Compliance teams.
As Development Hub and Support Services Coordinator, you will coordinate the administration of BVSC’s property and development application files as well as provide the professional link between customer service team and the Development Assessment and Building Certification teams.
You will coordinate the submission of statutory monthly and annual reports including (but not limited to): Planning Reform, Long Service Levy, Australian Bureau of Statistics, and Development Application Performance Monitoring.
We are seeking an individual who holds a degree-level qualification in business administration or town planning (or equivalent in a related discipline) and has five (5) years recent relevant experience (indicative).
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrated experience in the coordination of a team of people responsible for the provision of administrative services.
- Frontline management leadership skills.
- High level written and verbal communication skills including the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders and ability to maintain confidentiality where necessary.
- High level of analytical and investigative skills including the ability to interpret planning and development legislation, regulations and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications including Microsoft Office, TRIM (or other records management software system), and customer database systems (e.g. Authority).
This is a full- time permanent position working 35 hours per week. Remuneration is $1619.00 per week, plus 10.5% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact Keith Tull | Manager Planning & Sustainability on 0428962974.
Applications close 11.30pm AEDT on 5 February 2023.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.