Case Manager - Recovery Support
Merimbula - Regional Learning Centre
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered day off schemes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff development and award programs
We have several opportunities for experienced case managers to provide individual case management to assist community members affected by the 2020 Bega Valley Bushfires to recover and build resilience.
As a Case Manager in the Recovery Support team, you will provide immediate and ongoing support to people who have been highly traumatised by the bushfires. You will develop case management plans to support the complex and diverse needs of individuals in areas such as wellbeing, rebuilding, practical assistance and community connections
We are seeking individuals who hold a minimum Diploma qualification in Social Sciences or related field and have a sensitive and empathetic approach to working with clients.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of current issues facing the Bega Valley Shire in the event of significant events such as bushfires, floods.
- Recent relevant work experience in case management (3 years indicative)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new information quickly, adapt to change, and work in a flexible and proactive manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
- Excellent skills in building relationships with stakeholders including community members and service partners
This is a Fixed-Term, full-time position working 35 hours per week on contract until December 2021. Remuneration is $1414.50 per week, plus 9.5% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact Anne Leydon, Manager | Health & Wellbeing on 0428 644 814.
Applications close 9am AEDT on 15 March 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.