Engineering Design Coordinator
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered day off schemes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff development and award programs
The Project Development section of council has an exciting, permanent opportunity for a Design Engineering Coordinator to lead the planning and delivery of a broad range of engineering services to the Bega Valley community.
This role will be required to manage the design team for pre-construction, design and implementation and finalisation of a range of projects.
This position will be required to:
- Act as Civil Design Subject Matter Expert (SME) advising senior staff on legislation, regulations and current best practice.
- Take ownership of the management of contractors and consultants.
- Prepare inspection test plan and develop quality assurance standards and procedures.
- Inspect works carried out by contractors and Works Team to ensure compliance with design and specifications.
- Promote and adopt new initiatives, changes, technology and equipment.
You will work collaboratively with all stakeholders and have a structured approach to managing projects and competing priorities. We are seeking a technical professional that holds Degree-level qualification in Engineering or related discipline, a current NSW Class C Drivers Licence, SafeWork NSW General Construction Induction Card (White Card) and Computer-aided design course or demonstrated related-experience in the use of Autocad , Civil Cad & Civil 3D.
You will also have;
- Demonstrated experience in project, consultant and contractor management
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the delivery of civil works projects. Five (5) years’ experience (indicative).
- High level written and verbal communication skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated high-level experience in computer-aided design (CAD) such as Autocad, Civil Cad and Civil 3D.
- Additional skills, knowledge and qualifications that may be applicable to this position, such as a high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products and the ability to utilise software and systems to record and extract data.
This is a permanent full-time position working 35 hours per week. Remuneration is $1836.00 per week, plus 9.5% employer superannuation contribution. This opportunity also attracts a 3.5% civil liability allowance.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For technical enquiries contact Daniel Djikic, Manager Project Services on 02 6499 2387.
Applications close 9am AEST on 12 March 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.