Apprentice - Electrician
Your future. Your career. Start here.
Are you interested in becoming a Electrician working in an industrial environment?
Our Apprentices are an important part of our operations. We pride ourselves on developing you as a talented tradesperson both technically and professionally over the duration of your apprenticeship. Our program will not only prepare you to be a multi-skilled Electrician, but also support you in nurturing those life skills that help you become a more well-rounded individual.
What’s on offer?
- Cert III Electrotechnology - Electrician fully supported financially and with the necessary time offsite
- Tools, uniform and PPE provided
- Learn from people who are experts in their field and want to share their knowledge
- All education fees and associated costs covered by Cement Australia
- Safely learn a wide variety of skills on a range of equipment by experienced tradespeople
- Join a respected local employer with a very competitive apprentice salary
As an Electrician
So, what does an Electrician at our Cornwall Coal mining operations do? Over the duration of your apprenticeship, you will eventually be able to:
- Maintain and run electrical systems
- Complete routine and preventive maintenance tasks
- Attend to breakdowns with a good level of fault-finding skills
- Participate in toolbox meetings and pre-start risk assessments
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Follow safety standards and procedures
About the Apprenticeship Program
- Gain a nationally recognised trade qualification, fully supported financially by Cement Australia
- Be part of an experienced team of people and learn the practical application of your studies
- Learn how to work safely in an industrial environment, complying to our high safety standards
- Full time work for the duration of your apprenticeship, paid under an Enterprise Bargaining Agreement
- As a first year apprentice, you would commence the program around late January 2023
- You have completed or are currently completing a minimum Year 11 or equivalent with passes in Maths and English
- You ideally are completing or have completed Cert I or II Electrotechnology
- You have good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- You have a genuine interest in your chosen trade
- You bring a positive attitude, a love of learning and a willingness to tackle whatever comes your way
- You think you would be comfortable working underground for the duration of a full work shift
Our application process
Step One – Apply! Applications close Monday 22nd August 2022 at 9am.
Step Two – Phone interview. Chat to one of us straight away.
Step Three – Aptitude testing. You'll go to an offsite location and complete this under supervision.
Step Four – Site interview. Meet the team and get to see the site you could be working on.
Step Five – Pre-employment checks and offer. This includes medical, background checks and references.
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services. Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions, and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production.
Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and are looking for like-minded individuals who align with our company values and have a focus on supporting a positive safety culture.
As part of the recruitment process, you will need to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check.
Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights. Please note, applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator. Come and join the team that is building Australia together!