We are currently seeking interest from experienced Fleet Allocators to join our large Allocations team based at Pinkenba. This permanent full-time role will work within the Supply Chain & Logistics team and report into the Team Leader - Delivery Execution. At Cement Australia, our Fleet Allocators play a critical role in making sure we delight our customers. This role can be called different things at different companies - Allocations, Dispatch, Transport/Fleet Coordinator...either way, the end goal is the same. You do everything you can to make sure the right product is delivered safely and on time to our customers.
About the role:
This is a team effort and your role will be the “on the day” execution of the delivery plan. Problem solving is what you do best and you’ll use those skills to quickly adapt plans, negotiate, make changes and update stakeholders when issues arise. You’ll work with everyone from Drivers and Transport Team Leaders to Planners and Customers to make sure goals are achieved. This is no simple undertaking and you’ll be challenged as you multi-task and prioritise under pressure, with timing on deliveries often critical to our customers business needs. This is your opportunity to further develop your skills and influence the success of our Supply Chain & Logistics team.
The below roster is available:
- Monday to Friday rostered shifts of 9 hours per day, every second Saturday (6 hours) and coverage of public holidays (approximately 1 per annum)
As a Fleet Allocator, you will:
- Ensure deliveries are made safely and within regulatory and Cement Australia Safety, Health, Environment and Quality requirements
- Efficiently and effectively co-ordinate the delivery of product, problem solving issues as they arrive to meet DIFOT targets
- Contribute to the optimal utilisation of the company fleet
- Ensure that no load ever arrives late without a phone call to the customer prior to the expected delivery time
- Monitor customer telemetry
- Ensure that all stock levels at depots are maintained
- Provide exceptional service to our customers, achieving NPS targets
- Experience in transport or logistics, ideally within the cement or concreting industry
- Experience in vehicle/load allocations
- Excellent problem solving skills and written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise under time pressures
- Industry or other qualifications e.g. Cert IV in Logistics would be beneficial
- Strong team focus and ability to build relationships with people quickly
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office and experience with a ERP system e.g. SAP
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services.
Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
Why work for Cement Australia?
- Play a critical role in ensuring we deliver product to our customers safely and on time
- Busy and challenging role
- Be part of our national allocations team, based in Brisbane
- Join an industry considered an "essential service"
- We are large enough to be the best, small enough to treat employees like family
- Free onsite parking
Please note a medical, background check and references will form part of the recruitment process.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check.
Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.