Cook - School - South Yarra
- Part Time position available - 33hrs per week.
- Work for a market leader with a work/life balance, talented & friendly team.
- Opportunities for career development and progression.
Cater Care Australia seeks to appoint culinary professionals with cooking qualifications to permanent Cook role at our contract School Tuckshop in South Yarra.
Roaster: Monday to Thursday 7.30am-2.30pm & Friday 7.30am-3.00pm
What this role involves:
- Meal preparation and presentation
- Adherence to dietary requirements
- Maintain a clean area, equipment and utensils
- Maintaining legislated food hygiene and general safety practices
- Fast, effective service provided with a smile
- Assisting the broader team as required
What we require from you:
- Food Safety Certification (highly desirable)
- Experience in cooking in an education sector, or similar catering environment
- Ability to work well with other team members and independently
- A commitment to genuine, friendly customer service
- Motivation, enthusiasm and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging & time-sensitive environment
- Pride in personal appearance & hygiene
Why work for us:
Cater Care is a catering and facilities services provider which is 100% Australian owned and operated, a fact that positively sets us apart from many of our competitors. At Cater Care, we create a home away from home for thousands of people from all walks of life. In a home it’s the little things that count, and they’re the things we take care of. Since establishment in 1999, Cater Care has enjoyed substantial growth based on its growing reputation to become a recognised and highly respected service provider throughout Australia. Cater Care is committed to being Australia’s leading food service provider by achieving continual improvement through innovative services within our market sectors; education, business and industry, aged and residential care, defence and remote services.
We have a unique culture that can only be attributed to the people that work for us. To assist you in deciding whether you would like to work for us, please head over to our website to view our EVP, Values, The Cater Care Way and Employee Benefits.
Cater Care values Workplace Diversity, and we recognise that we are strengthened by it. We invite all to apply to our roles, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islands people to consider a career with us.
Please click “Apply for this job”. If your work history aligns with the key selection criteria for the role, one of our recruitment coordinators will be in touch. Please, no agencies.
Please note: All successful candidates will be required to satisfy one or more of the following; a national criminal history check, a thorough pre-employment / coal board medical and/or have or obtain a Standard 11, S123 or G2 certification.