Catering Assistant - Aged Care Residence - Morwell
- 2 x Part Time positions available.
- Work for a market leader with a work/life balance, talented & friendly team.
- Opportunities for career development and progression.
Cater Care Australia seeks to appoint engaging hospitality professionals to Catering Assistant roles at our aged care residence in Morwell.
Roster: Various Shifts Available
What this role involves:
- Assisting with basic, general food preparation.
- Customer service - serving our residents meals and snacks.
- Re-stocking as required, and after meal periods.
- Extensive dishwashing and cleaning of the kitchen, equipment & dining areas.
- Maintaining legislated food hygiene and safety practices.
- Fast, effective service throughout busy periods - with a smile.
- Assisting the broader team as required.
What we require from you:
- Previous experience assisting in all aspects of kitchen operations, food preparation and service provision in an aged care or similar catering environment.
- Ability to work well with other team members.
- A commitment to genuine, friendly customer service.
- A motivated, enthusiastic and positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to work long hours often undertaking repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced time-sensitive environment.
- Pride in personal appearance & hygiene.
Why work for us:
Cater Care is a catering and facilities services provider which is 100% Australian owned and operated, a fact that positively sets us apart from many of our competitors. At Cater Care, we create a home away from home for thousands of people from all walks of life. In a home it’s the little things that count, and they’re the things we take care of. Since establishment in 1999, Cater Care has enjoyed substantial growth based on its growing reputation to become a recognised and highly respected service provider throughout Australia. Cater Care is committed to being Australia’s leading food service provider by achieving continual improvement through innovative services within our market sectors; education, business and industry, aged and residential care, defence and remote services.
We have a unique culture that can only be attributed to the people that work for us. To assist you in deciding whether you would like to work for us, please head over to our website to view our EVP, Values, The Cater Care Way and Employee Benefits.
Cater Care values Workplace Diversity, and we recognise that we are strengthened by it. We invite all to apply to our roles, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islands people to consider a career with us.
Please click “Apply for this job”. If your work history aligns with the key selection criteria for the role, one of our recruitment coordinators will be in touch. Please, no agencies.
As a result of revised standards around health & well-being in the aged care industry, all applicants MUST have a current year flu vaccination and be able to provide proof of the vaccination.
All successful candidates will also be required to satisfy a national criminal history check.