Student Placement Application
Wollongong, Campbelltown, Nowra
CatholicCare is a multi-service agency committed to helping those in need, regardless of religious beliefs, backgrounds or circumstances. Our Vision is for inclusive, thriving communities where human dignity of all is respected and valued. We are making a real impact on the lives of the people we serve by delivering effective and high-quality social services. Our social welfare programs support people to have positive relationships and connected lives.
By living out our Mission and working together with those we serve and our communities we aim to achieve positive change and transformation.
We are in a period of rapid growth and we are always looking for great people to join us!
- 80K + Super + NFP Salary Packaging
- Newly created role – Permanent and Full time
- Flexible and supportive team environment
About the Role
CatholicCare Wollongong is seeking an experienced, reliable payroll specialist to join our team. We are working in an environment of rapid change and we are working to support the current and future needs across the Agency. This is a newly created role reporting to the Manager, People and Culture and will be a key role within the People and Culture Team.
This role will oversee payroll operations ensuring accuracy and timeliness in all aspects of the payroll function. You will work collaboratively and with a team of skilled professionals in a deadline driven environment. This is a critical role and responsible for contributing to the efficient performance of the payroll team and ensuring accurate delivery of remuneration and payments to all staff.
We are specifically looking for someone with the ability to:
Perform consistent and accurate end to end payroll function
- Ensure compliance with payroll statutory requirements
- Confidently interpret Organisational Policy, Modern Awards and Enterprise Agreement
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year end reports and reconciliation
- Identify and implement payroll systems and process improvements
- Contribute to payroll related projects to improve efficiencies
This role will require quality, attention to detail and timeliness, in a fast paced and complex environment.
Essential skills and experience
- Certificate IV in Payroll Administration or other relevant Payroll Specialist Qualifications/Certification.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in respect of PAYG, FBT, Workers Compensation and EEO Principles.
- Well-developed customer service focus and ability to deal with all enquiries promptly and courteously.
- Proven experience in using Payroll and HRIS technology.
At CatholicCare our people work together to foster an organisational culture of continuous improvement, learning, reflection and staff support. We exist to make a difference in the lives of those we serve and of course to each other.
CatholicCare Values – Our Values guide us in everything we do – "Empowerment, Integrity, Safety, Respect, Innovation and Collaboration"
- Competitive salaries and leave entitlements
- NFP Salary Packaging - $15,900 plus Meal and Entertainment Benefits
- Flexible work arrangements for a healthy work life balance
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Excellent training and professional development opportunities
- Access to free and confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport
Feel free to forward this vacancy to someone you may know!
CatholicCare Wollongong is committed to equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
All employees are subject to probity and pre-employment checks.
Contact: Miranda Serkinic on 4227 1222
Close Date: Sunday 12 May 2019