Middle Leader 2022 - Holy Spirit College
Holy Spirit College is a Catholic co-educational Years 7-12 college within the Diocese of Rockhampton, with an enrolment in 2022 of over 1100 students. At the heart of all that we do, is a commitment to Catholic values and the provision of a high quality education within an environment that is supportive and caring.
With a vibrant working environment, we provide excellent benefits for staff including professional and career development opportunities that build personal and organisational capability. We celebrate diversity in our workforce and value the knowledge and skills that a diverse range of employees bring to the workplace. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission and we have an emphasis on caring and supporting teachers in both their vocation in working with students and other aspects of their lives.
What we are looking for:
Due to our rapidly growing school and the thriving Mackay community, we have a number of Middle Leader positions available from 2022.
We welcome applications from established and aspiring leaders for the following positions:
- Curriculum Deans - Dean of Social Science (Tier 3) and Dean of Senior Mathematics (Tier 2c)
- Year Level Dean (Tier 2c) - 12 month contract
- Cultural Events Program Leader (Tier 1.1) - 12 month contract
We seek passionate leaders who will strive for excellence in teaching, administration, professional conduct, relationships with parents and the wider school community and a genuine interest for young people and their learning.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- a commitment to the ethos of a Catholic school
- ability to teach across a variety of subject areas
- a commitment to the extra-curricular activities of the College
You will be responsible for:
- Curriculum Deans – providing leadership and support for best practice in the development, delivery and resourcing of curriculum with a special emphasis on student centred learning
- Year Level Dean - providing leadership and pastoral support for the welfare, safety and personal development of students in the given year level
- Cultural Events Program Leader - providing leadership and support to promote and deliver best practice in the development, organisation and resourcing of extra-curricular Cultural & Performing Arts Programs for the College
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and current Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Australian work rights
What we offer
- Competitive salary –
- Tier 1.1 starting from $75,470 - $108,695 (dependent on experience - a Tier 1 middle leader allowance applies to this position)
- Tier 2c starting from $75,470 - $122,879 (dependent on experience)
- Tier 3 starting from $75,470 - $124,720 (dependent on experience)
- Salary packaging options
- Superannuation options up to maximum of 12.75%
- Leadership development opportunities
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
How to apply
- Complete the application below
- Upload a Cover Letter (addressed to the Diocesan Director) and Current Resume
- Upload supporting documentation (ie. Birth Certificate, Passports, Academic Transcripts)
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Upload a written statement addressing the Selection Criteria
Please note that current employees of Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton can apply by sending a Cover Letter and copy of their Current Resume (including 3 referees) to email@example.com.
- For a confidential conversation please contact Holy Spirit College, Mackay on 07 4969 2600
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 8:00am Monday, 13 September 2021.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.