OSHC Assistant - St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
Position: Outside School Hours Care Assistant
Commencement Date: As soon as possible
Hours: As required
St. Joseph’s is a co-educational P-6 primary school with a total current enrolment of 340 children. St Joseph’s is also enriched by the contribution of our students who can claim cultural links to our Indigenous, Torres Strait and Islander communities here in Mackay. All students and their families are welcome at St Joseph’s and we view cultural diversity as an asset for our community. St. Joseph’s offers a Catholic education for all children. Participation in all curriculum areas including religious education, sport and cultural events are encouraged. There are numerous opportunities for both children and their parents to be fully involved with the school.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists to join the team at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, as an OSHC assistant. This is a casual position, comprising of before and after school care as well as vacation care, for an immediate commencement.
Duties will include supervision of and interaction with children, planning and programming, assisting the Coordinator with administration tasks, preparation of breakfasts and afternoon teas, and general cleaning.
The successful applicant/s will have relevant experience and an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic Education. A Working with Children Check (WWCC) and eligibility for a Suitability Notice will also be required. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, well developed interpersonal skills and a high proficiency of computer skills.
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position.
- A minimum Certificate III in Children’s Services or equivalent (ACECQA approved qualifications)is preferred.
- First Aid Certificate, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Training (ACECQA approved)
- It is a requirement of the position that the successful applicants undertake a National Crime Check (Police Check) or provide details of a Police Check that is not more than six months old.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
For further information about the role, please view the Position Description
How to Apply
- Complete the application form below
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key characteristics of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of (3) three professional referees
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- For a confidential conversation please contact St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Mackay on 07 4957 3355
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.