Deputy Principal - Holy Spirt College
Holy Spirit College is a Catholic co-educational Years 7-12 college within the Diocese of Rockhampton, with an enrolment in 2022 of over 1000 students. At the heart of all that we do, is a commitment to Catholic values and the provision of a high quality education within an environment that is supportive and caring.
With a vibrant working environment, we provide excellent benefits for staff including professional and career development opportunities that build personal and organisational capability. We celebrate diversity in our workforce and value the knowledge and skills that a diverse range of employees bring to the workplace. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission and we have an emphasis on caring and supporting teachers in both their vocation in working with students and other aspects of their lives.
What we are looking for
This is an exciting leadership opportunity for applicants demonstrating deep commitment to Catholic education, who actively participate in the faith life of their parish, and who have strong teaching experience, academic qualifications and leadership qualities.
The Deputy Principal acts in place of the Principal during periods of the Principal’s absence and provides general leadership in support of the Principal in the achievement of the acknowledged mission and goals of the school community. Additionally, the Deputy Principal provides specific leadership in those areas delegated by the Principal.
This position will commence January 2022.
Key leadership qualities and capabilities
- Efficient organisation of routine College operation
- Active endorsement of and participation in the Catholic character of the College
- Progressive development of contemporary curriculum structures and best practice teaching and learning
- Participation in and organisational contribution to whole staff professional growth
- Visible involvement in College co-curricular life and community activities
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaborative, high performance teams
We are seeking to appoint a leader who
- has a sound understanding of, and commitment to Catholic education
- has experience of quality leadership in Catholic education
- can lead the development and implementation of inspiring curriculum and ongoing school improvement initiatives
- has the interpersonal skills to build partnerships with the entire school community
- is willing to provide leadership in other areas delegated by the Principal, and
- can lead in ways that will be consistent with:
- the message of Jesus and the Gospels
- Catholic church teachings, principles and values
- Diocesan policies and directives
- the Catholic Education Diocese of Rockhampton Charter
- Catholic Education Mission and Vision Statement, policies, practices and strategic directions
For more information, please view the Position Description.
What we offer
- Competitive salary range $133,578 - $143,792 (pending experience)
- Salary packaging options
- Superannuation up to 12.75% contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Modern facilities and resources
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of LSL may also be applicable)
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
How to apply
- Complete the form below
- Upload a Cover Letter (addressed the the Diocesan Director) and Current Resume
- Upload supporting documentation (ie. QCT Registration, marriage certificate, court order, change of name certificate, Birth Certificate, Passport or Visa (if applicable), Teaching statements of service (if applicable), Statements of Competencies/Qualifications/ Academic transcripts, Accreditation to Teach documentation).
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools.
- Applicants must read Accreditation to Teach in a Catholic School as well as Accreditation to Teach Religion in a Catholic School policies
- Upload a written response with reference to the Key Characteristics (as outlined above) and A Vision for Christian Leadership in the Diocese of Rockhampton to support your response.
- For a confidential conversation please contact Alison Wales, Principal, Holy Spirit College on 07 4969 2600
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close: Friday, 8 October 2021
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.