Teacher Assistant (Design and Technologies) - Holy Spirit College
Holy Spirit College is a Catholic co-educational Years 7-12 college within the Diocese of Rockhampton, with an enrolment in 2022 of over 1100 students. At the heart of all that we do, is a commitment to Catholic values and the provision of a high quality education within an environment that is supportive and caring.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Teacher Assistant (Design & Technologies) to provide support to the Design & Technologies Department. You will perform a range of duties ranging from lesson preparation tasks, supporting our classroom workshops, assisting with resource purchasing/management and performing maintenance of equipment. This is a part-time continuing position, working 35 hours per week.
Successful applicants for this position will be able to demonstrate:
- Self-motivation, initiative and enthusiasm
- High level organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Knowledge and ability to ensure the classrooms meet WH&S standards
- Ability to assist students at various levels of skills development
- A commitment to the ethos of a Catholic school
Typical duties include:
- Assist student learning, either individually or in groups, where some discretion and judgement are involved in evaluating and assessing (under the supervision of an academic staff member(s)) the learning needs of students
- Support students in relation to their physical needs where some discretion and judgement are involved
The successful applicant will have relevant qualifications and/or experience and an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic Education. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, and well developed interpersonal skills..
Skills and Experience:
- A recognised trade qualification and/or relevant work experience within a workshop
- Ability to use tools and equipment to successfully carry out the duties of the position
- Testing and tagging certification or willingness to obtain this qualification
- Current First Certificate or willingness to obtain this qualification
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position
- Current drivers licence essential and Medium Rigid (MR) Licence would be advantageous
What we offer
- Competitive salary - School Officer Level 4 ranging from $58,711 - $60,555 (dependent on experience)
- Superannuation up to 12.75% contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Modern facilities and resources
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Australian work rights
How to Apply
- Complete the application form below
- Upload a cover letter addressing addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the typical duties of the role.
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of (3) three professional referees
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- For a confidential conversation please contact Holy Spirit College, Mackay, 07 4994 8600.
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close Thursday, 18 November 2021.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.