Administration Assistant (Events) - Holy Spirit College
Holy Spirit College is a Catholic co-educational Years 7-12 college within the Diocese of Rockhampton, with an enrolment in 2022 of over 1100 students. At the heart of all that we do, is a commitment to Catholic values and the provision of a high quality education within an environment that is supportive and caring.
With a vibrant working environment, we provide excellent benefits for staff including professional and career development opportunities that build personal and organisational capability. We celebrate diversity in our workforce and value the knowledge and skills that a diverse range of employees bring to the workplace. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission and we have an emphasis on caring and supporting teachers in both their vocation in working with students and other aspects of their lives.
About the role
Due to our rapidly growing school and the thriving Mackay community, an exciting opportunity exists for an Administration Assistant (Events). You will be providing administrative and logistical support for all events at the College as well as general administrative support. This is a term time continuing position, working 38 hours per week, commencing in January 2022.
Successful applicants for this position will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and work collaboratively with others to meet timelines
- Ability to flex with changing priorities, whilst maintaining a positive solution-focussed outlook
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours to facilitate the preparation and execution of upcoming events
- High level of initiative and process thinking to ensure continuous improvement of processes
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office to produce a range of documents
- A commitment to the ethos of a Catholic school
The successful applicant will have an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic education. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, well developed interpersonal skills and a high proficiency of computer skills. Tertiary qualifications at Certificate level or equivalent knowledge, qualifications and experience, relevant to the position, may be required. Previous experience in a busy school office environment would be an advantage.
What we offer
- Competitive salary range – School Officer Level 3 ($47,571 - $49,587 (pending experience))
- Superannuation up to 12.75% contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Modern facilities and resources
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position.
- Tertiary qualifications at Certificate level or equivalent knowledge, qualifications and experience, relevant to the position, may be required.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Australian work rights
How to Apply
- Complete the application below
- Upload supporting documentation (ie. Birth Certificate, Passports, Academic Transcripts)
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of three (3) professional referees
- For a confidential conversation please contact Holy Spirit College, Mackay on 07 4994 8600.
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close Friday, 26 November 2021
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.